The Importance of Palliative Care in Heart Failure
This announcement has 1 attachment:
Please join us on Wed March 4th for an educational session on palliative care in heart failure. This webinar will be presented at 12:00 Noon and 6:30 PM. Register HERE!
Details on the attached flyer or email at email@example.com.
Facts About Heart Failure in the United States
- About 6.5 million adults in the United States have heart failure.1
- Heart failure was a contributing cause of 1 in 8 deaths in 2017.2
- Heart failure costs the nation an estimated $30.7 billion in 2012.1 This total includes the cost of health care services, medicines to treat heart failure, and missed days of work. (https://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/heart_failure.htm)
The role of Palliative Care in patients living with heart failure is expanding. Learn more about this topic on Wed March 4th from an experienced clinician, Dr. Trisha Petitte Ph.D., MSN. FNP-BC. At the end of the presentation the attendees:
- Will be able to determine when to offer palliative care services for a patient with heart failure
- Will learn the importance of proper communication with the patient and family members concerning palliative care
- Will understand the importance of coordinated care for critically ill patients eligible for palliative/hospice care
- Will develop an appreciation for caregiver burden for those providing end-of-life care for family members and loved ones.